Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > General Event Discussion

General Event Discussion Planning & organizing events, setup tips and tricks, and any other event related subjects. Please post event specific topics in the corresponding forum below.

Unread 09-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
JPR
MSV Addict

Smile set up from hell

Title says it all. Had a bouncer at this event so I had the guys doing the pick ups drop off the movie gear. I had one guy doing the movie and I would come for moral support. I am not a complete idiot (or maybe I am) when it comes to technical stuff but my attention span is short. In any case the crew got lost and we ended up setting up in the dark. Of course we lose a speaker wire. A black speaker wire at that. We find it but now its really late and we have 40 enraged kids with an urgent need to see RIO. The guy who I have doing the set up asked me how to fine tune the picture. He knows how to do it better than I do. I think he felt the heat from the screaming kids. Everything ended up okay. Wish we filled the screen fully but it isn't to bad. The party throwers are really excited so that is all that matters. They obviously don't have ocd like I do. Kidding, I am assuming I have ocd as I have never been diagnosed.

In any case the movie is rio on a 16x9 screen. My epson pj with k12's. No pictures because I was to freaking tired. Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

I know what you mean. Sometimes everything seems to go wrong. Are you at the event right now? I am doing an event right now, also showing rio. That is by far my most requested movie this summer. Showed it last night as well.
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
JPR
MSV Addict

Yeah I was at the event. I was a little ticked off because we had a rough day. A lot goes into scheduling the delivery and pick ups and we were very whatever about it. Its annoying because I spend the day putting out fires. Oh well we got through it.

Yeah we played rio. Its a good movie. The customers loved it and that is all that matters I guess. I just hate scrambling like due to us being late. As you can tell I keep going on about it, Haha. We got a $60 tip which was nice.

He was able to roll the screen back into the bag. I was impressed since hr did it himself. Hoping for the call back because this was a nice party. Have a couple parties today but the rain isn't looking good. I am done rambling.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote