Mobile Sound & Video Network > Getting Started > New User Introductions & Business Listings

New User Introductions & Business Listings Introduce yourself and/or your business!

Unread 08-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Default Better late than never!

I should have done this long ago, but as the title states, better late than never.

My name is Doug Miles and I live in central New Jersey. I originally got interested in running movie parties in 2004. I borrowed a projector from a co-worker, and set up an indoor movie birthday party for my son. My screen was a sheet of dry wall, but it didn't matter, it still looked great. Everyone had fun, and parents of my son's friends began asking me to run their kids' parties. And so, the idea was born.

My business name is Big Screen Thrills. I began in 2005 with indoor parties only, but quickly realized the potential and demand for outdoor parties as well. I originally started outdoor events with a Sima inflatable screen, but have since purchased and used probably a dozen other screens. As of now (August 2010) my main screens are 10', 15' and 20' inflatable screens. I almost always use rear-projection, but I have plans to begin "unattended" events in the future which will most likely be front-projection.

My main reason for starting this forum was to help other people start their own businesses. At times I've spent countless hours and thousands of dollars going in the wrong direction. I decided that if I could post about my experiences, and more importantly, what worked for me and what did not, then maybe I could save someone from repeating my mistakes. Plus, it's a great way to meet new people and share ideas.

If anyone ever wants to chat "offline", feel free to PM me here on the forum, or even call my business line (609-208-2829).

Happy Projecting!
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote