Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > General Event Discussion

General Event Discussion Planning & organizing events, setup tips and tricks, and any other event related subjects. Please post event specific topics in the corresponding forum below.

Unread 08-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Default This is funny, just thought I would share...

I have an event tonight. I checked weather.com (as I usually do) and the radar shows rain heading right at us. I have a feeling the rain might pass, but I like to call the customer and reiterate our rain policy. So I call and speak to the customer. I tell him about the rain, and right away he says, "No, it's not gonna rain". I tell him about the radar, and he still says (seriously) he watched the weather on TV, and it only says scattered rain. As far as I'm concerned, radar doesn't lie.

We'll see what happens, but my guess is that it is about to rain. What do you think? See the map below (the party is located at the red dot, the red arrow indicates the direction of the rain).

Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Surprise, surprise. About 10 minutes after posting the previous message, it started raining.
Unread 08-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

We made out ok with this one. It rained a little during setup, but stopped completely just as we were about to start the movie. Not a drop of rain during the movie. Our last trip to the trailer during clean up, it started to rain again. Perfect timing.