Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > General Event Discussion

General Event Discussion Planning & organizing events, setup tips and tricks, and any other event related subjects. Please post event specific topics in the corresponding forum below.

Unread 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Default How to handle kids at events?

Sometimes it's worse than others, but there are plenty of times that kids are out of control at events. Whether it's running around my equipment, bouncing on the screen (literally), or even trying to make "hand shadows" from the projector light. I know that kids will be kids, and I also know it's best to have clauses in contracts etc. in case of broken or damaged equipment. But, either way, it still makes for stressful times. I am amazed at the number of parents who will just sit back and not even pay attention to what their kids are doing.

So, my quesiton is, what do you do? I don't think it's my place to be discipling kids at an event. But, that happens a lot. I have even had kids talk back to me, and tell me they are going to continue (whatever it is they are doing). And sometimes this is even AFTER informing the parents about what is going on. Do I make an announcement? Threaten to shut the movie down, or what? That may be the only option. But then what, do I demand payment?
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote